ELLSWORTH PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Monday, December 17, 2012
The regular school board meeting was called to order by Chairman Cliff Schilling at 6:30 p.m. A roll call revealed all members present.
Staff present: George Berndt, John Widvey, Darcey Groen, & Krystal Kolb.
A motion was made by Goedken and seconded by Kruse to approve the minutes of the regular meeting held on November 19, 2012. Motion carried.
A motion was made by Kruse and seconded by Dirks to approve all bills and claims. Motion carried.
The Board of Education reviewed the Student Activity Fund.
The Board of Education reviewed the Treasurer’s report. A motion was made by Goedken and seconded by Dirks to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Motion carried.
Mr. Berndt reported on the following items:
1. Presented fuel oil bids. The bid was awarded to Dan's Service for 4000 gallons.
2. Winter activities have begun.
3. Presented information on state basketball tournaments from the MN State High School League.
4. Dave Goedken reported for buildings & grounds.
Financial Consultant John Widvey presented the following items:
1. Presented the 2012 levy for taxes payable in 2013 in the amount of $156,512.49.
A motion was made by Kruse and seconded by Werner to certify the 2012 levy for taxes payable in 2013 in the amount of $156,512.49. Motion carried.
2. Mr. Widvey reported that the January & February board meeting dates fall on legal holidays.
A motion was made by Dirks and seconded by Schilling to set the following board meeting dates:
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
3. Mr. Widvey discussed making a request to the Commissioner of Education to make a fund transfer.
4. A discussion took place regarding a water softener.
There being no further business Chairman Cliff Schilling called for a motion to adjourn. A motion was made by Goedken and seconded by Dirks to adjourn. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:15 p.m.
Ellsworth District 514 School Board Clerk