REGULAR MEETING ADRIAN BOARD OF
AUGUST 27, 2012
Chairman Lonneman called the regular meeting of the Adrian Board of Education to order at 5:30 P.M. on August 27, 2012. All members present, also present Superintendent Graff, principals Christensen and Lofthus, also present staff and community members.
Motion by Brake, second by Tweet, to approve agenda items, motion carried.
The board meeting moved to a classroom across the hall for an IPad presentation.
Mr. Christensen presented his Middle/High School Principal’s report
• Presented a grant application from the Minnesota State High School League for approval. The grant money received is used to help fund athletic fees for students who qualify for free and reduced lunches, motion by Tweet, second by Lenz to approve grant application, motion carried.
• Presented a contract for Sanford Health for sports medicine services. Motion by Wolf, second by Kunkel to approve contract, motion carried.
• Mr. Christensen left at 6:05 PM
Sarah Jensen presented a request on behalf of the Music Parent Association (MPA) for a seven day band trip to New York City, New York for June 15 to June 21, 2012, with all fees to be paid for by the student or the MPA with approximately 100 students attending. Motion by Brake, second by Lynn to approve trip request, motion carried.
Motion by Tweet, second by Lenz to approve the minutes of the August meeting, motion carried.
Motion by Wolf to approve the claims and accounts for the month of August, second by Lenz, motion carried.
Dave Vortherms presented his custodial report.
• Have two compressors out in the air handlers on the roof at the Elementary. Will need to replace these. Will look into getting quotes from other vendors and present to board at a later date.
• Requested to contract services for lawn fertilization and spraying, as you need to have a license to spray chemicals. Board agreed to pursue these services.
Superintendent Graff presented the August 31, 2012 reports, motion by Brake, second by Lynn to approve the account balances for the month of August, motion carried.
Mr. Lofthus presented his Elementary Principal’s report.
• Presented revised class enrollment numbers.
• Reviewed MCA Test scores.
Mr. Lofthus left at 6:30 PM.
Mr. Graff presented his Superintendent’s report:
• Presented the initial levy certification at the maximum amount. Motion by Wolf second by Tweet to approve levy amount, motion carried.
• Discussed the Truth in Taxation hearing date for December. Motion by Tweet, second by Lynn to set the date as Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM in the High School Library, motion carried.
• Reviewed the Flexible Learning Year Report. Motion by Brake, second by Kunkel to accept report as presented, motion carried.
• Presented and reviewed the Annual Report on Curriculum, Instruction and Student Performance, motion by Lynn, second by Wolf to approve as presented, motion carried.
• Presented a donation from Lake City Gas for propane at the Football Concessions area. Motion by Tweet second by Lenz to accept donation, motion carried.
• Presented a revised Leave of Absence request from Linda Kingery amending her leave from a one-year leave to a three-year leave per Minnesota Statue 122A.46. Motion by Kunkel, second by Lenz to approve the revised request, motion carried.
Motion by Wolf, second by Brake to adjourn the September meeting of the Adrian Board of Education at 6:49 P.M., motion carried.